10 Minute Reset: DIY Foot Massage
*I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.….*
Our feet work hard for us, and they deserve lots of care and attention.
Massaging your feet can improve circulation, stimulate the muscles, reduce tension, and ease pain.
Massaging your feet activates the nervous system, which increases feel good brain chemicals like endorphins. While also stimulating your cannabinoid and nervous system. For a relaxing pick me up Harvard Medical School offers these tips for a do it yourself foot massage:
- Sit in a comfortable chair. Been your left leg and rest your left foot gently on your right thigh.
- Pour your favorite lotion or oil (Ours is this remarkable L’Occitane Shea Butter Foot Cream) on to your hand and rub it gently into your foot. Massage the whole foot, including the toes (pull them back-and-forth, and apart to stretch the muscles underneath), arch, and heel.
- Hold the front of your ankle with one hand, and then pinch the back of your ankle with your thumb and forefinger of your other hand and pull down toward your heel….This relaxes your Achilles tendon, which can get tight from exercise or standing for long periods of time.
- For a deeper massage, press the knuckles of your right hand into your left foot. Need your foot as you would delicate bread, and work the skin and muscle by holding a foot with both hands and pressing your thumbs firmly into your skin.
- Repeat one of your other foot.
We here at P.F.Trinkets believe that foot health is the way to all around Health. Your feet are one of your most over looked in underrated body parts. Start with this 10 minute do it yourself massage for a quick, free relaxation technique whenever you feel overwhelmed.